This Policy explains how Hipporello collects, uses and shares information about you when you interact with Hipporello, including through our Products. It lets you know what rights and choices you have regarding our use of your information and how you can access and update that information should you wish to do so.
2. EU ResidentsIf you are a resident of the European Union, then, to the extent that the information Hipporello collects and uses is your personal data, Hipporello will process and transfer your personal data when Hipporello has an adequate legal basis to do so. This means Hipporello collects, uses and transfers your personal data where:
- you give Hipporello consent to collect, use or transfer the personal data for a specific purpose
- Hipporello needs to process your personal data to provide you with the Products
- Hipporello needs to process your personal data to comply with a legal or contractual obligation
- Hipporello’s collection, use or transfer of your personal data satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests)
3. Scope Of This PolicyWhen this Policy applies:
the Websites, Mobile Applications and Products that link to this PolicyWhen this Policy does not apply – Third party websites:
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. The information practices and the content of such other websites are governed by the privacy statements of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any such other websites to understand their information practices.When this Policy does not apply – Service Data:
With the exception of Account Information (as defined below) and other information we collect in connection with your registration or authentication into our Services, this Policy does not apply to our security and privacy practices in connection with your access to and use of the products and services which we market for subscription on our Websites (our “Services”). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received.
Subscribers to our Services are solely responsible for establishing policies for, and ensuring compliance with, all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations, relating to the collection of personal information in connection with the use of our Services by individuals (also referred to as “data subjects”) with whom our Subscribers interact. If you are an individual who interacts with a Subscriber using our Services, then you will be directed to contact our Subscriber for assistance with any requests or questions relating to your personal information.
We collect information under the direction of our Subscribers, and have no direct relationship with individuals whose personal information we process in connection with our Subscriber’s use of our Services. The use of information collected through our Services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which Subscribers have engaged a member of Hipporello. If you are an individual who interacts with a Subscriber using our Services (such as a customer or user of one of our Subscribers) and would either like to amend your contact information or no longer wish to be contacted by one of our Subscribers that use our Services, please contact the Subscriber that you interact with directly.
4. Information Processed on Behalf of a Hipporello Customer or a Third Party Provider
When Hipporello processes information on behalf of a Hipporello customer (a “Customer”) or a third party service provider (“Third Party Provider”) in connection with your access to and use of our Products, Hipporello does so solely in accordance with the Customer’s (or Third Party Provider’s) instructions and the provisions of the agreements with Hipporello regarding Customer’s (or Third Party Provider’s) use of Hipporello’s Products. The Customer (or Third Party Provider), and not Hipporello, is processing the data as the controller of such data. As the controller, the Customer (or Third Party Provider) decides why and how to process such data, and the Customer (or Third Party Provider) privacy notices will detail such collection and use. Hipporello is processing the Customer (or Third Party Provider) data merely as a processor of the data, and only processes the data based on the Customer’s (or Third Party Provider’s) express instructions. Therefore, if you are seeking access to, or would like to correct, amend or data that is your personal data, then please contact the Customer (or Third Party Provider) directly. If you contact Hipporello regarding such requests and queries, Hipporello will direct you to the Customer (or Third Party Provider).
5. Third Party Websites
Hipporello’s websites may contain links to other websites (“Other Sites”). The information practices and the content of Other Sites are governed by the privacy notices found therein. Hipporello is not responsible for the information practices and content of Other Sites.
6. Types of Information
Hipporello collects information that you provide when you communicate directly with Hipporello, for example when you:
- request information or materials about Hipporello or the Products
- fill out a form
- create an account
- order the Products
- pay for a subscription
- request support
- apply for a job
- participate in any interactive events in summits, conferences and any event where Hipporello is given the right to collect attendee information.
- communicate with Hipporello via third party social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- use the Products offered by Hipporello
When communicating with Hipporello for the above or any other purposes, the types of information you may voluntarily provide may include:
- first name and surname
- user name and password
- telephone number
- email address
- transaction and payment information, including credit card, billing and delivery information;
- employer name and job title
- any other information or content necessary to populate your Hipporello account, or submitted when using the Products
Additionally, Hipporello may automatically collect information about you, including
- Usage Information. Hipporello may collect information regarding how you access, use or interact with the Products such as:
- the pages or features you browsed and the time you spent on those pages or features
- search terms
- the links that you clicked on
- event data
- crash data
- other similar technical data and statistics
- Log and Device Information. Hipporello may collect information sent by your browser, computer or device such as:
- your IP address
- your general location
- the type of browser, computer or device you use
- technical information about the means of connection to the Products (for instance, the operating system, user settings, the internet service provider utilized and other similar information)
- the page that led you to the website
- the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to the website
- Web and Email Beacons. Hipporello may use web beacons, tags and scripts on the Products, or in email or other electronic communications sent to you. These help Hipporello deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Hipporello may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our Third Party Providers on an individual and/or aggregated basis.
- Local Shared Objects. Hipporello may use Local Shared Objects (LSOs) such as HTML 5 to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on the Hipporello website. Third parties with whom Hipporello may partner may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on the Hipporello website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity.
- Advertising Services Provided by Others. Hipporello may partner with third parties to either display advertising on the Hipporello website or to manage Hipporello’s advertising on other sites. Hipporello’s third party partners may also use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, device identifiers and other tools to collect information about your use of the Products, and/or other websites and applications, including information such as your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in apps, links clicked and conversion information.
Lastly, Hipporello may also obtain other information from third party sources and combine that with information Hipporello collects through the Products for purposes of advertising and user authentication. For example, you may be able to create or log-in to your Hipporello account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, other sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an OpenID, or a third party social media service. These services may authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain information with Hipporello such as your name and email address, or pre-populate our sign-up form. You should check your privacy settings on these third party services to understand and change the information sent to Hipporello through these services. Any access that Hipporello may have to such information is in accordance with the privacy notice and authorization procedures determined by these services. Hipporello protects data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this Policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data.
7. Social media features and widgets
Hipporello’s website may include social media features and widgets. These features may collect your IP address, record which page you are visiting on the Hipporello website, and set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Hipporello website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
8. How Hipporello Uses Your Information
Hipporello may use the information that we collect or obtain from you to:
- administer, operate and provide you with the Products
- provide you with all Products-related sales support (including processing orders, billings and payments, setting up the Products, and advising on account status)
- provide you with technical support
- provide you with requested information and materials
- improve the Products, which may include diagnosing problems, developing new features and services, and responding more efficiently to service requests and support needs
- detect, investigate and prevent fraud or other activities that may violate applicable laws or Hipporello’s policies
- detect, investigate and prevent activities that may threaten the security, integrity or availability of Hipporello’s or another party’s products, systems and services
- send you emails and other communications providing you with information and updates pertaining to your services subscription and use of the Products
- send you emails and other communications responding to inquiries, questions and/or other requests initiated by you
- send you promotional emails, newsletters, information and materials about Hipporello and the Products
- conduct market research about Hipporello Customers and their interests, and the effectiveness of Hipporello marketing campaigns
- perform the activities described in this Policy
- act pursuant to your consent for a specific purpose not stated in this Policy, such as posting your testimonial along with your name on the Hipporello website
- aggregate, anonymize and analyze the information for the above stated and other purposes, and for analyzing industry trends and sharing aggregated, anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, analytics and similar purposes
9. Sharing Your Personal Information
Hipporello will not share, sell or disclose your information with any third parties except as described in this Policy or in connection with providing the Products. Hipporello may share your information as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants Other Service Providers. Hipporello may share your information with vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on Hipporello’s behalf and require access to your information to perform such work. Such parties are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide their services to Hipporello, or the Hipporello Products to Customers, and are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Third party service providers may include companies that provide:
- Hosting services
- Billing or payment processing services
- Customer support and engagement
- Notification or communication services
- Authentication services
- and anti-fraud services
- Analytics and assistance in the use, improvement or optimization of our website or services
- Necessary or Authorized Disclosures. Hipporello may disclose your information to a third party:
- if Hipporello believes disclosure of such information is appropriate to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to implement, perform or enforce our agreements, terms of service or policies;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Products;
- to protect Hipporello’s or others’ rights, Hipporello’s or others’ property, or Hipporello’s or others’ safety; or
- with your prior consent or instructions
- Business Transfers. Information that Hipporello collects or obtains from you is considered a business asset. If Hipporello merges with or is acquired by another company, or if all or a substantial portion of Hipporello’s assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be one of the assets that is disclosed during negotiations and transferred as part of the business transfer.
- Hipporello Affiliates. Hipporello may share your information between or among Hipporello and all current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries or other companies under common control and ownership of Hipporello, who may act for us for any of the purposes set out in this Policy
10. Aggregated or Anonymized Data
Hipporello may share and publish aggregated information that does not specifically identify you and is not linked to any of your personal information, such as statistical information about visitors to Hipporello’s website or statistical information about how Customers use the Products.
11. Your Rights and Choices
Hipporello will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Products. You may update, correct or delete your information by accessing your Hipporello account and modifying your information, or by emailing Hipporello at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may deactivate your Hipporello account or the Products (subject to the terms of your agreement with Hipporello) by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that Hipporello will retain and use certain of your information as necessary to comply with Hipporello’s legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes such as resolving disputes or enforcing Hipporello’s agreements. Hipporello may also retain cached or archived copies of Hipporello’s information for a certain period of time.
- Information Processed on Behalf of Customers. Hipporello will retain customer data that it processes on behalf of its Customers as directed by and in accordance with the terms of our agreements with our Customers. If you are an individual with whom one of Hipporello’s Customers interacts with respect to the Products (e.g., an employee of the Customer), then, you should direct any requests regarding access, modification or deletion of your information to that Customer.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Hipporello by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails, and other promotional communications, at any time by emailing Hipporello at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt-out, then Hipporello may still continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or Hipporello’a ongoing business relations.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies. Hipporello currently does not track consumers over time and across Other Sites and therefore does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Hipporello does not allow third parties to collect personal data about an individual’s online activities over time and across Other Sites when an individual uses the Products.
- Advertising. You may opt out of behaviorally targeted ads anytime by deleting your browser's cookies. In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising from some Third Party Provider’s by visiting http://preferencesmgr.truste.com/, http://youronlinechoices.eu, or the Third Party Provider's website. Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
- European Union residents. If you are a resident of the EU, you have rights in relation to your personal data processed by Hipporello. You may exercise such rights by emailing Hipporello at email@example.com. If the related personal data is data processed by Hipporello on behalf of a Customer, then please include the name of the applicable Customer in your request. Hipporello will refer the request to that Customer to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request. The rights that you have, as an EU resident, in relation to your personal data processed by Hipporello include the following:
- Access. You may request access and review of personal data at any time. You can also request the following information:
- How Hipporello collects and uses your information and why
- The categories of personal data involved
- How long Hipporello uses or stores your personal data or the manner in which Hipporello determines relevant retention periods
- Rectification. You may request that any incorrect personal data be corrected or otherwise rectified.
- Objection to Use; Erasure. In certain situations, you may object to the use or export of your personal data and request that Hipporello erases or stops using or exporting your personal data.
- Withdrawal of Consent. Where Hipporello relies on your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent. At any time, you can request that Hipporello stops using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaints. You may raise questions or lodge a formal complaint with your local EU supervisory authority if you have questions or a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by Hipporello.
12. California Privacy Rights
California residents who have established a business relationship with Hipporello may request and obtain from Hipporello, one time per calendar year, a list of third parties, if any, to which Hipporello disclosed certain of their personal information for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information shared with those third parties. They may also choose to opt-out from Hipporello’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain that information, or choose to opt-out, you may submit your request by emailing us at support@Hipporello.com.
13. Protecting your information
Hipporello maintains reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information which may be stored, transmitted or otherwise processed on the Products. However, no security controls are 100% effective and no method of transmitting information over the internet or storing information is completely secure. Therefore, Hipporello cannot, and does not, ensure, guarantee or warrant the security of any information, including your personal information. Hipporello will make any legally required disclosure of any breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information. Such disclosure will be made without undue delay and as required by applicable data protection laws, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement or any measures reasonably necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
14. International Transfers
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Hipporello acknowledges the right of EU and Swiss residents to access their personal data pursuant to the Privacy Shield (the “Principles”) and will grant individuals reasonable access to personal information it receives pursuant to these Principles. Hipporello will also take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete such information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. An individual may request to access his or her information, or otherwise correct, amend, or delete his or her information pursuant to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Age Clause
The Products are not designed for or marketed to persons under 18 years of age. Hipporello does not knowingly collect or ask for information from such individuals. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Products, or send Hipporello any or your information. If Hipporello learns that it has collected information from an individual under the age of 18, Hipporello will take steps to delete such information from its files as soon as possible. Please contact email@example.com if you believe Hipporello might have information from or about a person under 18 years of age.
16. Contacting us
If you have any questions concerns or complaints about the Hipporello Policy or Hipporello’s compliance with the Policy, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please email Hipporello at firstname.lastname@example.org.