How can I set up custom outgoing email settings?
If you choose the “Custom” option in your outgoing email settings, follow the steps below to make sure you configure your settings correctly.
- Once you define your outgoing email server, you need to find out the SMTP port of your custom email provider.
- If you are subscribed to a hosted email relay service you can get the SMTP server hostname and port number from the support page of your email service.
- If you run your own SMTP server you can find the configured SMTP port number and address from the SMTP server configuration. In PowerMTA you can find that information from the configured “smtp-listener” directive within the config file. The config file can be found in /etc/pmta/config on a Linux server and C:\pmta\config.dat on Windows Server.
- Your username is your email address and your password is the one you use to log in to your email.
- Finally, hit “Save” and you’re done with defining your custom outgoing email settings.