How can I get an App Password?
App passwords are secondary passwords for your email that allow access to certain apps. This is done to provide better security to users. By using app passwords, you can connect your email with Hipporello Service Desk without the need to provide your actual email password in your operations in the system. This way, we are better able to ensure the safety of users’ information with the use of a client-based password, completely independent from Hipporello.
To set up your Outgoing Email Settings, follow these steps:
- Click the Hipporello button on the top right of your Trello board and click on Hipporello Admin.
- From the top menu, click on Settings and then click on Service Desk Settings.
- At the bottom of this page, you can see the Outgoing Email Settings (SMTP) section.
- Click on the Settings button inside the Outgoing Email Settings (SMTP) section.
- Select your Outgoing Email Provider from the list.
- In order to generate an app password for your email provider, you can click on the link of your provider and see their help page: